I was inspired by the lemon raspberry Laffy Taffy, which is one of my favorite kinds of candy. So for this recipe, I made cupcakes that are a mix of lemon and raspberry, to get the same flavor. I originally was going to make lemon cupcakes, lemon icing and raspberry filling, but thanks to the YouTube channel FOOD & WINE, I was able to mix lemon and raspberry frosting to make a swirl.
I hope you leave me feedback so I can improve in the future.
Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
Cupcakes with flavors of lemon and raspberry
Write a review
- 1 box of lemon cake mix (plus ingredients on the box, and I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 can of lemon frosting (I used Betty Crocker)
For the filling
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
For the raspberry frosting
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Splash of milk
- 3 tablespoons of frozen raspberries
- Drop of pink gel icing color (optional)
- Fresh raspberries
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix box to make the cupcakes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool.
To make the raspberry frosting
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, combine the raspberries, vanilla, and butter, gradually adding powdered sugar and milk, until you have the right consistency of frosting.
- If desired, add the gel icing color and combine.
- Next, create a small opening in the middle of each cupcake by using a large straw.
- Put the raspberry jam in a pastry bag with a tip large enough for the jam.
- Fill each cupcake with the jam.
To make the swirl frosting
- Follow the link in the description in the blog post to the YouTube video for the instructions on how to make this.
- Use the store bought lemon frosting and homemade raspberry frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes using a piping bag.
- Garnish each with a fresh raspberry.
- Store cupcakes in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
The Bubbly Hostess http://www.bubblyhostess.com/
(Visited 911 times, 1 visits today)