While we are starting to feel some warmer temperatures, we aren’t out of winter yet. I mean, c’mon, the lows are in the 40s – it’s still soup weather in our home!
This is a super easy recipe that I found on Gimme Some Oven’s site and is well loved by my family. Even if you are heading to northern Arizona for a weekend of sledding, this meal is the perfect way to warm up after your day in the snow. Enjoy!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 (14 oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1/3 cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Grated Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Stir together chicken stock, spinach, chicken, and beans in a medium saucepan. Cook over high heat until the soup reaches a simmer. Then reduce the heat to medium, stir in the pesto, and let the soup continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with Parmesan cheese if desired.