I had a little bit of trouble deciding on what I would make next for Cooper’s Corner, but then when we were in the garden cutting herbs, I had the idea to make an herb seasoning. To make it unique, I made it Italian, and in our garden, we had fresh oregano and that was the only herb that wasn’t already dried. I dried it using instructions from this site, and I think it will help you too.
We served this with some olive oil so that we could dip our bread into it. But you could also use it to season chicken or shrimp scampi.
The "Italian Garden" Seasoning
A seasoning made out of herbs, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Blend for about a minute, or until you get your desired consistency.
- Yields about 1/4 cup.
- You can add to olive oil for bread dipping, you can put on chicken, you can put on shrimp scampi.
The Bubbly Hostess http://www.bubblyhostess.com/
(Visited 392 times, 1 visits today)