This is a very easy appetizer to pull together and you could certainly make it ahead of time, just cover and store in the refrigerator. We recently brought this to our Couples Euchre Night to share and it was a hit! Note that I haven’t provided specific amounts of ingredients because you can really make this to accommodate as many guests as you need to serve. Enjoy!!!
Low Carb Club Sandwich Appetizer
This recipe allows you to make as many or as few of these as you need for your guests.
- Bacon (not thick cut)
- Thinly sliced deli turkey or chicken
- Thinly sliced deli ham
- Sliced cheese of your choice (would recommend a more pliable option)
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Appetizer sticks
- Cut bacon in halves and cook according to package directions (I cook mine on parchment paper in the oven – much less clean up!)
- Once done, allow to cool on paper towels and soak up remaining grease.
- While still pliable, cut halved bacon into halves again, fold, and add to the top of each pick.
- Continue to build your “sandwich” on the appetizer stick. I would suggest cutting your deli meat in half and then folding to create more volume on the stick. I did the same for the sliced cheese.
- For the lettuce, I would recommend tearing off a piece and also folding onto stick.
- Finish each stick with a halved cherry tomato.
(Visited 226 times, 1 visits today)