We recently enjoyed dinner with friends at their home and they served a delicious sweet corn salsa. Of course I needed to get the recipe for it, so she sent me the pin and it took me over to Lovely Little Kitchen. After talking about it more, my friend told me that she has also seen this served as a bruschetta, I had to give that a try. As seen in the original recipe for the salad, you’ll want to keep some of the kernels in bigger slices when cutting it off of the cob. I made a few modifications to the recipe to the salad and then topped toasted baguette slices before serving.
This will become a go to dish for you this spring and summer – it’s delicious!
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 6 ears of corn, grilled and cooled
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- On the grill or in the oven, cook the slices of bread until lightly toasted.
- Cut kernels off the cob into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, chili powder, and chopped cilantro.
- Pour the chili lime mixture over the corn and mix to coat.
- Add the crumbled queso fresco and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Either serve alongside the toasted bread slices for guests to make their own bruschettas or assemble ahead of time and serve.