I recently featured this in my weekly column for the Southeast Valley Ledger, it’s way too good to not add to the blog for reference later!
One of my girlfriends and I had a lot of fun taste testing different varieties of this cocktail until we finally came up with one that we both loved.
It’s a light, refreshing cooler that with just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have created a delicious drink in no time. The result is a beverage that is clean, easy to drink and makes you just a little happier too.
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 shots light rum
- 2 shots sour watermelon schnapps (such as Mr. Stacks)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small amount of Sprite
- Watermelon slices for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the pomegranate juice, rum, sour watermelon schnapps, and lime juice.
- Shake it!
- Using the cocktail shaker’s strainer, pour into tumbler about 2/3 full.
- Top off with Sprite and garnish.
- Sip. Enjoy. Repeat.
- Serves 2 (plus a little extra to top off your drink)