Jump to recipe
Chicken and dumplings are a timeless comfort food that can be easily turned into a soup and made in your Instant Pot. Once all of your ingredients are cut and prepped, let the Pot do the rest of the work. Refer to your Instant Pot’s manual to ensure you are following specific directions for your model.
Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings Soup
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 2 10.5 ounce cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 12 ounce can of refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
- Chopped, fresh parsley, to garnish
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté and heat some olive oil in the bottom.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion and sauté, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the sauté function.
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, stir to combine.
- Add 1 can of condensed soup and 1 can of water, stir to combine.
- Add second can of condensed soup and 1 can of water, stir to combine.
- Cut or tear the refrigerated biscuits into about 8 pieces each.
- Add a few biscuit pieces to the Pot at a time, stirring in between to combine.
- Add a final touch of salt and pepper.
- Secure the lid and set your Instant Pot to pressure cook and set the time to 7 minutes, your pressure release valve should be set to quick pressure release.
- Once the Instant Pot has completed the cycle, carefully quick release the pressure and open the lid.
- Ladle into soup bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.
(Visited 84 times, 1 visits today)