Jump to recipe
Green beans are a family favorite of ours and it’s nice to add a little bacon and almonds for a variety of flavor and texture. This dish is becoming a staple at my holiday table, I hope you will give it a try as well!
Green Beans with Bacon and Sliced Almonds
- 1 lb. of fresh green beans, ends trimmed, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- Olive oil (EVOO or I used a garlic olive oil)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, add enough water to cover the bottom.
- Add the green beans and cover with a lid.
- Cook over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender.
- Using the lid to keep the green beans in the pan, carefully pour out any leftover water into the sink.
- Add enough olive oil to the green beans to coat them.
- Mix in the minced garlic, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bacon and almonds, stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)