Over the holidays, we purchased a Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Spiralizer, I have had fun putting it to good use! This is an electric one and simple to use. It comes with three blades – the spiral cutter, the ribbon cutter, and the grater. So far I have only used the spiral cutter.
I decided to make shrimp scampi – a dish my family adores – but instead of using pasta, I substituted it for spiralized zucchini. The results? The Hubby was pleasantly surprised, my little one gobbled it up, and my older one was skeptical and asked if we could eat it with pasta next time. You can’t win them all. But two out of three isn’t bad!
- 1 pound shrimp (31-40), peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 zucchini, spiralized
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- Place skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and garlic - stir until butter is melted and has coated the pan.
- Add the shrimp in one layer, cook for 1-2 minutes and then turn over.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Once the shrimp are just about pink, add the wine and the lemon juice scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the final tablespoon of butter and the zucchini.
- Gently toss together until butter is melted and everything is coated. Taste test and add more salt & pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper (optional).