With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought Chocolate Mousse would be perfect – either sharing with your Valentine or making them for your entire family. These are easy to put together and I used six-ounce dessert dishes for serving. I topped these with whipped cream, a few raspberries, and dark chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
Write a review
- For the Chocolate Mousse
- 2 ½ ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- 7 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg whites
- For the toppings
- Fresh raspberries
- Sweetened whipped cream (either store bought or make your own)
- Grated chocolate
- To make the chocolate mousse, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a pot with a small amount of boiling water. Stir constantly with a spatula to melt. Once melted, turn off the heat.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a bowl and using either a stand or electric mixer, beat until stiff peaks form. Put the egg whites into a bowl and using either a stand or electric mixer, beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a clean bowl, add the melted chocolate and gently fold in the egg whites until combined. Next, gently fold in the whipped cream until combined. Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, in a small dessert cup, fill about 2/3 full with chocolate mousse. Add the raspberries around the outside of the top and fill in the middle with whipped cream. Top with grated chocolate.
- You can serve this immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The Bubbly Hostess http://www.bubblyhostess.com/
(Visited 569 times, 1 visits today)