I was inspired to make this dish during a recent visit to a restaurant in Prescott, AZ called the Raven Café when I gave their “Raven Bowl” a try. Filled with quinoa, kale, fresh veggies, tahini glaze, and scrambled eggs – it was delicious!
To change up my morning routine, I decided to make my own version. I add different vegetables depending on what’s on sale at the grocery store – for this one, I even used a red onion (along with the tops for garnish) out of my garden. I purchased a bag of plain quinoa and made a batch to keep in the fridge. A little goes a long way. I’ve also enjoyed a bowl of quinoa at breakfast with some fresh berries, granola, and vanilla almond milk – a nice change of pace! Instead of the tahini glaze, I drizzle mine with a little sriracha sauce.
This is an easy dish to make your own – add more seasonings, different veggies, etc.
- 1 cup cooked, plain quinoa
- ½ zucchini, cut into strips
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon greens of an onion (or greens of a green onion) cut for garnish
- 1 egg, scrambled
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Olive oil
- Sriracha sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add zucchini and red onion, cook until lightly browned and softened.
- If your quinoa is in the refrigerator, heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add quinoa, zucchini, red onion, scrambled egg to a bowl and top with avocado slices.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with sriracha sauce.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Enjoy immediately!