My boys are not big soda drinkers but they do have a strong love for lemonade. A year or so ago, they decided to start ordering a “lemonade with grenadine” when we would eat out at restaurants. We would often get a surprised look from the server, but hands down, this is their go to beverage of choice.
We then decided it needed a name…what could be better than a drink called The Grenade? The Hubby gets props for that one! A simple mixture of grenadine and lemonade (get it, gren-ade?) puts a smile on my boys’ faces every time. They have been asking to get it on The Bubbly Hostess so we finally made that happen, even sprucing it up with a sugar rimmed glass and garnish.
You can use either store bought lemonade or make your own batch. My older son said that the freshly squeezed lemonade definitely has more zest causing the drink to “explode” in your mouth with flavor!
I hope your family enjoys this beverage as much as mine does!
- Lemonade (either freshly made or store bought)
- Lemon wedge & Maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Red sugar (to rim the glass)
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of a glass.
- With the red sugar on a plate, dip the rim of the glass into it.
- Add ice.
- Fill glass almost to the top with lemonade.
- Add some grenadine.
- Stir, garnish and serve immediately.