Yum. I love a good, cold Mexican beer with tons of limes…..and with summer approaching, such a refreshing drink. This recipe calls for Maggi which is a dark liquid seasoning that is similar to soy sauce but doesn’t contain soy. You should be able to find it in the Asian or Latin section of the grocery store or at a specialty market. If you can’t find it, soy sauce can be substituted. Although these are often served with Clamato, I am not a huge fan – but hey, add some to yours if you like!
Make sure you check out the Chelada I made and posted on the blog too, that’s another tasty treat.
- 1 Negro Modelo
- Course salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce
- 2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 dashes Maggi seasoning sauce (or soy sauce can be used)
- Run one of the lime wedges around the rim of a chilled glass.
- Dip the rim into the salt to coat.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Squeeze all but one of the lime wedges into the glass and drop in.
- Add hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and Maggi sauce.
- Top with Negro Modelo, stir, and garnish with remaining lime wedge.