Jump to recipe
If you know me or have followed me for awhile, you know that I am not a huge fan of tomatoes so I often change up dishes that traditionally call for tomatoes to better suit my taste buds! This appetizer couldn’t be easier. Fresh mozzarellas, roasted red bell pepper slices, and basil – that’s it! Serve this at your next gathering – your friends will not miss the tomatoes!
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Caprese Bites
You can also serve these “standing”, but you’ll only want to do that if you do not have to transport the dish!
- 8 ounce container of fresh mozzarella, the “cherry size” or “ciliegine”
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted with the skin peeled, seeds removed and cut into bite sized slices
- 1 piece of basil per skewer
- Balsamic glaze to garnish
- To roast your bell pepper, simply put on a sheet pan covered in foil and roast in the oven at about 400 degrees, turning occasionally until the skin is blackened.
- Once cooled, peel off the skin, cut in half, drain the water, and remove the seeds.
- On a small skewer, start with the piece of basil, then add a piece of red pepper, and finish with a mozzarella ball.
- Add a little bit of balsamic glaze to each piece of mozzarella..
(Visited 382 times, 1 visits today)