I was excited to find a little cookbook filled with recipes for 50 Spicy Snacks in my Food Network Magazine this month! Euchre was right around the corner and the Chorizo Nachos sounded perfect.
These were very easy to make, I ended up bringing the ingredients to our friend’s home and then assembled and baked them there. I made some modifications to the original recipe which you’ll find here. These are perfect if you are hosting a big crowd for Super Bowl Sunday!
- 16-18 ounces tortilla chips
- 15 ounce can chili beans, warmed (I used medium, could use hot if you like very spicy!)
- 1 1/4 pounds cooked, crumbled chorizo
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounce can sliced jalapenos
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips in a large baking dish. Top with half of the beans, half of the chorizo, half of the cheese, and half of the jalapenos.
- Top with the remaining tortilla chips, then with the remaining ingredients to create two layers.
- Bake until the cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Top with green onions, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro and dollops of sour cream.
- Serve immediately.