Over the weekend, we attended our monthly Couples Euchre night and I brought this dish. It was pretty cool because we started playing this game on a monthly basis in July of 2006 – so this weekend marked the 10 year anniversary of our game night. We even have four couples still playing that were part of the original group!
I brought this Caprese Bruschetta – I had a TON of basil in my garden, so decided to make a lot of pesto. Then I decided to turn a caprese salad into a bruschetta – it was fresh, summery, and delicious!
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 baguette
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 16 slices
- 1/2 cup pesto (either store bought or homemade)
- Salt & Pepper
- Dice the tomatoes and combine with the garlic and olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cut 16 slices from the baguette.
- Top each baguette slice with a piece of mozzarella, some of the tomato mixture, and a drizzle of pesto.
- Serve immediately.