In the spirit of 4th of July being right around the corner, I decided to make a fun cocktail that we can enjoy while we swelter in the over 110 degree heat is in the forecast for that day!
A couple of nights ago, I made a very impromptu decision to invite over a girlfriend to drink champagne and come up with a patriotic cocktail. After staying up way too late and drinking lots of champagne, this is where we landed. Blue Curaçao gives it the beautiful color and adds the flavor of oranges. This is super easy to find at your local liquor store. You can make these by the glass or whip up a pitcher of them as the parts are equal for each liquid.
It’s the perfect combination of tropical, refreshing, AND patriotic! I hope you’ll serve this at your 4th of July parties and come back to leave feedback on what you think!
Cheers to the USA!
- 4 ounces Blue Curaçao
- 4 ounces white rum
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 Maraschino cherries
- Red & Blue Pop Rocks
- Lime wedge
- Chill two tall glasses in the freezer
- Before opening the bag of Pop Rocks, smash them into smaller pieces with a mallet or hammer
- Pour them into a shallow dish
- Wet the rim of your glass with the lime wedge
- Turn the glass upside down into the dish and let the Pop Rocks stick to the rim, this is a bit messy, be prepared!
- Add pineapple juice, rum, and Blue Curaçao
- Stir and garnish with Maraschino cherry
- Serve immediately